Saturday, November 03, 2007

NaBloPoMo

As most bloggers know, this month is NaBloPoMo. This translates into committing yourself to writing one blog post a day for the entire month of November. I'm attempting it, but already I'm feeling the burn.

Perhaps it burns even more because I'm participating in NaBloPoMo at the same time I'm participating in NaNoWriMo- National Novel Writing Month. This is where a bunch of ambitious idiots attempt to write a novel of 50,000 words in the month of November. You're supposed to write 1,660 some odd words a day. It's supposed to be a great way to write without worrying about editing, to free your mind and let creativity flow. It's also a good way to inspire suicide as you watch the word counts of others mount with incredible speed on the NaBloPoMo website, while you struggle to make the daily minimum.

I may fail at one of these. I may fail at both. By the end of the month I may have completely killed my will to ever write again. Pray for me....

1 comment:

Jen said...

No! You WON'T fail! Because we'll offer support to each other. I'm doing both of those, too, and I wrote for nearly seven hours yesterday so that I could be somewhat ahead for the week. We're crazy - but we're in this together!

YOU CAN DO IT! WRITE THAT NOVEL!