Sunday, February 01, 2009

Lazy Days

The past week has been filled with snow, and cold, and a general sluggishness. Our heating fuel has been zapped at an alarming rate due to a few below zero days and it's hard to find the drive to do anything but laze around the house.

On another note, I've received an email that says our tax return will be deposited in just a few days. I'm very excited, and spending most of today setting up letters and checks to go out to the credit agencies I plan to pay off. Though I hate to hand over such a large chunk of money, it feels good to know that that burden will soon be lifted, and we'll be that much closer to buying our own home. With what's left over, I've promised to take the kids to the movies with next weekend.

So for today, it's chicken soup, chocolate chip cookies, and movies in front of the space heater. I wouldn't have it any other way....



2 comments:

Two Greyhound Town said...

Tax refund! Yes, it's wonderful news. We are getting money back too and paying off some bills. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Contessa ChiChi said...

Hola, Sarcasta-Mom! I'm stopping in because we are simpaticos as far as feeling the pain of Loki's passing.. :( and because you have 2 very good-looking chis.. :) Your human chillins are so cute, too! How do I like chillins? Why, deep-fried, of course! (Credits to W.C. Fields)

I like your sense of humor so I think I'll be stopping in more times, okay by you?

Well, it's been nice meeting you, S-Mom!