Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back to Reality

The kids are back from Vermont and back to school. I'm back to work and being a mom. The transition has been rough for us all. The kids miss skiing, being spoiled rotten by their grandparents, and having all of their favorite cousins to play with. I miss sleeping in, eating when I felt like it, a house that stayed clean, and the calm quiet.

Now the house ripples with fighting children, and small messes seep from every corner. We're all exhausted from re-entry into the real world. Who knew one week could get us all out of whack.

So, now we all struggle to adjust and dream of those vacation days just so recently gone by. It was a great break for all of us. I think every family needs one of those now and again...

1 comment:

That Chick Over There said...

Sometimes I feel like I live for those small breaks. Sigh.