Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cabin Fever

This past week, Mother Nature decided to be funny. Just yesterday, she brought record high temps of 59 degrees to our Maine January, and our snow has slowly been melting into a memory and exposing highly confused grass in our backyard.

The chicken coop yesterday
The deceptive warmth has made my skin itch to dig in the dirt, to get building my raised beds, to see chickens frolicking. But reality tells me it's still January. It reminded me again this morning by dumping an unexpected snow storm on us. As I slipped on a patch of ice on my way to clean off my snow covered car, ending up on my ass in the snow, I really did not appreciate Mother Nature's sense of humor.

The chicken coop this morning :(
Reality also tells me that I have a full-time job, a family, and other various life issues (like the week long flu) that are just scheming to suck away all of my project time. Motivation escapes me on a regular basis, and bits and pieces of my potential projects stare at me accusingly, like the old windows I collected to make my greenhouse. Or the Mavis approved growing system that has yet to have any seeds started in it.

But, these things WILL get done. My commitment to having a thriving, self-sufficient, urban backyard paradise has not waned. Now, I just need to find some time.....



22 comments:

القمر السعودى said...

محلات بيع السجاد بالاحساء
أقوي شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالاحساء

ركن الهدى said...


شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالظهران
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف

Saloni said...

this is an informative blog. Janam Kundli forecast the situations and happenings that will take place in a person’s life beforehand to save them from bad days and make them blessed for the good times.

Saloni said...

This article was very helpful. Keep uploading more of such articles. Thank you for
sharing.

astrobasics said...

amazing content. keep posting!

astrobasics said...

yes-or-no-tarot

Unknown said...

maternity wear

Unknown said...

Tickcopy

Unknown said...

Instacheck

Unknown said...

romantic books, movies and tv shows

Unknown said...

Marketing Analytics Software- analytics edge

Unknown said...

Best Free Sports App - Bragr

Unknown said...

Fority Experts | Cyber Security Experts

trinityflower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Clean Eating Recipes

Unknown said...

Epoxy Flooring Sunshine Coast

Unknown said...

Senior Home Care San Diego Ca

Unknown said...

Pest control Sunshine Coast

Unknown said...

Tickcopy | Best Online Trading Company | Join Tickcopy

Epoxy Floors Sunshine Coast said...

Instacheck

Epoxy Floors Sunshine Coast said...

Best Online Trading Company

Unknown said...

Aus Estimating Co. - Building Estimator Australia