Sunday, March 30, 2008

Melatonin, You're My Hero!



Wednesday night, we began G on Melatonin as his doctors' suggested for his sleep problems. Every night since has been a small miracle.

Two nights, G was asleep on his book before his reading time was over. Last night, after G bumped his head in bed, I laid down with him, and rubbed his back gently. Before I knew it, he was asleep, breathing deeply, his body still beneath my hand. I was completely stunned.

Even though there have still been meltdowns, G's overall attitude has improved. Last night when he was on the verge of a fit, he even removed himself to his room for a few minutes to shout it out, returning shortly. I've seen him sit quietly, relaxed, instead of spinning and hopping around like a mad man. He has shown me affection I haven't seen in ages, even making me a get well card for my head cold.

It's amazing what a few good nights rest can do. Now if I could only figure out how to get one myself.....

5 comments:

emily said...

WOW! What an unbelievable gift for G! YAY!

Casdok said...

I still havent figured that one out!!

Sounds like its working which is excellent!

Angela DeRossett said...

Yeah for melatonin!!!!! Hope it continues to go well!

Christine said...

AWESOME!!!

How about some Melatonin for Mam? Or a bottle of cab???

kristi said...

My son has autism, and melatonin has been a godsend!