Monday, October 30, 2006

That Smell

I have a super-senstive nose. I smell things before everyone else, and am constantly haunted by mystery smells. I can always tell when the husband tries to sneak a fart, when plastic has been left to close to the radiator, and when the cat box could use another change. It's rarely a blessing, often a curse.

So, it was not surprise that one morning, with the car packed full of my family, that I detected a smell.

Me:(to husband) Do you smell something?

Husband: Er, I don't think so. Maybe?

Me: (Sniffing heavily) I definetely smell something. It smells like something's going on with the car. Like maybe something's in the heating vent.

Husband: I might smell something...

And so on. In a brief moment of silence, the small but confindent voice of my six-year-old son piped up from the backseat.

Son:I smell it mom. It smells like gas. And not the fart kind!


And not the fart kind. Indeed.


No comments: